Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's not about the money money.

shopping makes my head spin. i love it, but i hate it. it's all a mixed emotion. let's just say I love it when I have lots of money i can spend. or want to. which is not at all often. So, I came home from 'shopping' yesterday feeling quite saddened. not a purchase in hand. I had just come from Old Navy where they were having a huge summer sale. I got excited when I saw a rack of the cutest dresses. I grabbed about 8 of them and headed to the dressing room. they all fit great and i wanted them all. When i went to check out to get a killer deal-$6 for each, I find out they were not at all  cheap and I was reading the wrong label. please check the signs before you get all yipee skipee. So me, a little sad, new summer dress needy girl, went home with not a bag in hand.
It was then that I remembered I had my granny&trek dress in my closet that I still needed to remake.
and boy that sure did lift my spirits. This dress is filled with wonderful memories and i'm glad it is now super cute. without a penny spent. iremake numba3
I got this dress from someone for the trek. and now WaLa.
ok it's a lot cuter in person.
but I added the front bow(which you can't see in photo)
and the lace trim for a little more length. I accidently cut too much off the bottom.
but i love me some vintage feel. 
oh and i love me some garage sales. I got a pair of nice Mek jeans for .50 cents. double score!

1 comment:

Pearl said...

No wonder your friends are always borrowing your clothes when we are at your house. I'm Grandma Linda on your grandma Pearl's computer.