Thursday, April 11, 2013

Social Media.



Is it only me or do you check instagram about a million times a day? It really it has become an instant reaction when I get on my phone to go insta or facebook. Insta while I eat. Insta while i'm bored of studying. Insta while i'm waiting. Insta when i don't want to think. Insta when I should be doing something productive. Really though social media has become a burden in my life and has taken over my head (k i'm being dramatic a little bit). But I've wasted so much time away from family, friends, & homework. I've tried to just say i'm going to limit my time on it but it really has never worked. Then I came up with this genius plan of making a folder "Once a Day" {insert googly eye emoji} where literally I can only open that app once a day. And if I do open it more... I don't know what will happen. But if I follow my plan, I will be happier with my life (& maybe I will reward myself someday, somehow ha.) I've done this for 2 weeks straight already and I've already seen a difference in my life. I feel a lot more productive and it has given me time to really think about things and ponder.  And those general conference talks on the media really made me realize how important it is to take a break and enjoy the world around me and the loved ones i'm surrounded by. because soon I won't be constantly surrounded by them.
 
instagram: @brooklynbarben {i'm private. soo comment below & i may accept your request ;) }

No comments: