Sunday, October 6, 2013

General Conference weekend

This weekend was so great. I was literally spiritually, mentally, & physically fed. 
As soon as classes were over on Friday, me and three of my roommates: Britten, Sarah, & Jasia headed to Sarah's house in South Jordan. Road trip in the GoldiLex. 
On Friday we ate, thrifted for Halloween costumes, played games, and watched movies.. way too late. 
Saturday we woke up and watched conference and then then headed to Gardener Village where they had the cutest fall/Halloween decorations and little boutiques all around. We strolled around there for awhile and then headed back to Sarah's to celebrate her coursin's baby shower. It was of course full of pumpkin & fall treats...only the best.  




 Sunday we again got to hear the word's of our dear prophet and apostles. This general conference was so great. I am so blessed that I am able to hear their counsel for me and this church every 6 months and sustain them as prophets, seers, and revelators. I have loved taking my Living Prophet's class and learning more of our beloved leaders (plus, my teacher is SO great and works with the apostles on a daily basis because he is in the Sunday School Presidency- he gave the closing prayer at conference too! so cool). I have learned so much about each Apostle through their biographies and stories. As each one of them spoke it was amazing to be able to relate what I have learned of them and see each one of their personalities and personal life throughout their talks. They have each all gone through so much in trials, education, marriage and family, and fulfilling their church callings. I have so loved gaining an even stronger testimony of them through this class at BYU and through General Conference. I have a sure testimony that we do have a living prophet on this earth today, Thomas S. Monson. And I have a testimony of this everlasting gospel, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Here are some of my favorites from conference, courtesy of Pinterest: 








The Church is True!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

How fun! Miss ya Brook!