Monday, June 16, 2014

remember my sister missionary


Remember my bff Hay Swens?
She's been in Oklahoma for 7 months!! And she has just been transferred to Texas. And oh boy do I love hearing from her. She is such a spiritual giant and I look forward to every email and letter from her. 
Here is part of her letter that I thought was funny and amazing. Sounds just like my good friend!

" We frequently pass by a herd of llamas in our travels here in Moore, and I have wanted to get a pic with them for the past 12 weeks I've been here! So on our way to an FHE in that area we stopped by to take a picture at last, since I knew I'd be leaving and this would be my last chance.
Well there was a man there with his 3 year old daughter looking at the llamas. So we're over here taking pics and trying to feed the llamas and he goes, "Looks like you got some good selfies with them, they haven't come this close before!" and we chatted a bit and then he asked us if we were from Oklahoma and we told him, "Utah actually!" 
      So come to find out, he and his wife posted on facebook asking where they should go to church and got 11 responses in 3 minutes! (that's Oklahoma for you) Well they went to one of them on Sunday and weren't too satisfied with it. So they looked on facebook again and saw that someone commented about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints who said, "Find some missionaries and they'll help you!" 
Well folks, yesterday they found some. He agreed it wasn't a coincidence. Tender mercies through llama selfies. That's what I am talking about."

Isn't she great?! I sure miss her, especially our summer adventures and being my thrifting partner. I'm blessed to have her in my life. But so are the people of Oklahoma and now Texas! 

No comments: