Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hope Chest Haul.

I haven't done an iRemake post in FOREVER!
Even though I have been remaking like crazy ovver here.
I think I have truly become a thriftaholic ever since me and haley discovered the beloved Hope Chest thrift store. i love that place. love it so much that I have dreams about it and want to go there all the time to see what I can discover (especially on 50% off days. my favorite). I think I have scored some sweet stuff even though my mother may not agree. (I'm reminding her too much of what she wore..) hello they are coming back. and if not, I will bring them back!!
So here's some remakes i've done or just some thrifting finds lately all from the hope chest!


This is one of my favorites. I didn't have to fix this one at all! And it was already cut kind of like a high-low dress but instead the sides were cut high and the front and back were low.

 Oh MY! my high waisted floral plants and jean jacket!! I found these babys right before they were coming back into style. My mom said she used to have some just like this and my dad thinks they look like old lady window curtains, but hey I love them. And it sure beats these prices for these pants that I saw a girl wearing at school. Sadly I didn't take a before picture of my pants (they were huge), but I sewed them in to make skinnies.
My high waisted purple circus pants. The first time I saw them I thought they looked like a circus tent (i don't know where i got that from), so I wasn't going to try them on. But the last minute I decided just to get them because they were 50% off. And now I love them, and cant' wait to wear them to the circus someday ;)
Floral shoes were not thrifted but my momma got them for me at Ross for $7.99! And they sure match perfect with the above skirt.
 high waisted pants to long shorts.
and peach colored shirt from Goodwill for $2.99


 It took me forever to decide what to do with this skirt. I like the tribal print but not in skirt form. So, without knowing what the heck I was doing I started sewing them into long shorts. The back was too plain so I added the pockets from old jeans and then some lace. And look at these cute little earings i found too.
I have started to love thrifting more and more. I love the thrill. I don't even want to shop at any other store anymore..sometimes. And surprisingly I have liked sewing more as well, even though I freestyle most of the time and am not very good. But hey it's all for the fun and fashion!


1 comment:

Elise said...

You are most adorable! You have got to teach me your mad skills. Miss you!