Monday, July 15, 2013

be your best self

I have had a lot of thoughts on modestly lately. I have always been a big one on being modest and I strive to keep my standards high. I feel that dress is a major way of expressing ourselves and promoting who we are and who we stand for. I want people to know that I am Mormon, virtuous, and happy by just looking at me. (with no mixed signals or questioning). Today we live in a world where dressing immodestly is looked upon as the "norm" and we become so desensatized to it that it barely phases us. Let me tell you that it does affect us. It does especially affect those poor boys. Those boys you dream about taking you to the temple someday. Those boys leaving on missions. Those boys that will raise your children. Those boys you are surrounded by daily. I'm a firm believer that by being good and doing good, you'll find a cute, good boy. You'll attract a RIGHTEOUS boy that can take you to the temple. There was an article along with this video below and he said, "I think all girls, no matter their religious preference, they want to be noticed, they want to have confidence and beauty. The world tells a completely different story. But if you find beauty in the right source and look to God for confidence, you can be happy." I loved this quote because I feel that I can feel the most beautiful when I dress modestly because looking at the bigger picture, it isn't about going along with the newest fashion fads or impressing someone, but being true to myself and my standards I have set, and most importantly being able to be worthy to enter my Heavenly Father's kingdom. I feel that I can still be fashionable and beautiful without wearing short shorts, short dresses, tank tops, & bikinis. Being modest does not at all limit us from being fashionable!! Tankinis are the CUTEST and I always feel so confident in them. plus there are SO MANY out there. (click on picture for link).

  

Short shorts can be a hard one, especially when you live in a desert, but really adding some length to those shorts makes you feel a lot less exposed (especially when half your booty isn't hanging out haha) &  it really doesn't cool you off more than knee lengthers or capris would either.
& I would be more than happy to help anyone needing to add some extra length to that cute dress that's too short. serious. it can be easy to be modest. Look at these fun & adorable lace slip extenders we MADE for young women's. Buy some lace. sew lace onto a slip or fabric. and waLaaaaa modest & cute. 

& now here's this video that I just love. thank you boys thank you. 
I just loved this video and it really helps hearing the boys perspective and thoughts on girls. Doesn't it just make you smile :) It gives me hope that there are boys out there with the same standards as me. And they expect the same out of me as I expect from them.

 *Sorry if you've read this before. It accidently got deleted. soooo... i post again. :)


No comments: