Sunday, August 18, 2013

peace is found here

I've been filled with so many mixed emotions. 
things are going to be different. a lot different. 
Change can be so hard. 
but the thing is.. i'm  ready for a change. 
With change comes emotions, that's part of the package. 
I still remember the first major change in my life. I was 14 and I was very content with my surroundings in my bubble of stg. My family had gone through a lot that year, especially my parents. Moving was no surprise in my book because we moved all the time (5 times in the same neighborhood to be exact). But moving to another state was WAY out of my comfort zone. I remember coming home from school to see a for sale sign in my front yard and pulling it right out of the ground. I cried at the thought of it. I remember my sister Whitney coming in one night to comfort me and she described the move to be like one amazing adventure our family was about to embark on. Oh, and was that move one crazy adventure. From getting our first puppy, trekking 19 hours with Whitney in the packed full ghetto van, moving in right before Christmas, starting school & coming home bawling, early morning seminary, starting home school, taking ballet classes, delivering phone books, our cross country road trip. & so much more. 
This was not an easy time for me. But I learned so much from this change and it really opened my eyes to the world around me. I was able to recognize more fully the blessings I have been given and how blessed I am to have the knowledge of the true and everlasting gospel. I became so much closer to my family and I really recognized the importance of good friends. I learned to appreciate the little and simple things. 
All the changes in my life have brought about great things and have made me so much stronger. 
I can tell you that change is important because we learn a lot from it. 
This new change of moving out on my own is so exciting. I have SO many learning experiences coming my way and I just can't wait to learn and grow. Although i'm sure it will be hard at times, I know this is what i'm supposed to be doing right now. I"m so thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and for the peace and comfort I feel from it. 

No comments: