Sunday, February 2, 2014

19 things I loved about turning 19.

 Look who's turn it was this month to turn 19!  After 3 previous birthday celebrations this month, my roommates were pretty much pro at planning birthdays! They made my day so special and i'm so beyond grateful for each and everyone of them. I am so beyond blessed.
So now here's 19 things that made my day:
1. I woke up to my roommates by my bed singing Happy Birthday to me. 


 2. They stayed up super late decorating the dorm all cute with streamers, banners, & twinkle lights
3. They made me breakfast (waffles!) & we got to eat all together before classes. 
4. They acted all suspicious all the day long & made me wonder what the heck they were up to.
5. They made me one of the best bomb cakes! Complete with mint brownie ice cream, real brownies smooched in between, whipped cream, & oreos! What more could a girl want? It was the best!! (Good thing i'm not eating sweets & desserts this whole month for a lifestyle change for a class)
6. Birthday singing went down in our birthday corner
7. My roommates planned a whole scavenger hunt all throughout my hall & into other dorms. It was complete with an obstacle course, studying help, learning a dance, & all sorts of crazy things! I'm so grateful for such amazing people that helped me celebrate. 
8. Had an epic surprise dance party thrown for me.
9. Was spilled the beans about the surprise dance party for me about 3 times.
10. I was still surprised about a million things though & had a blast. 
 11. Was given a flower crown to wear on my head the whole night.


 12. Got to celebrate & dance the night away with all these lovely ladies & many more. 
13. We leap frogged all the way down the halls.
14. My cute roomies set up this adorable photo backdrop too.
15. I received the cutest letter/card from Sister Swensen for my birthday! Boy do I miss her but she is doing incredible things in Oklahoma!
16. Packages from home & cards from grandparents are the sweetest.
17. Of course, all the birthday facebook posts & texts make my day.
18. My roommates gave me the sweetest gift of "19 things we love about Brooklyn". Seriously, how sweet are they making my whole day, week, & year! Love them all so much!
19. I turned 19! One year older and wiser too. Let's make sure this year goes by slow.. I don't want to be 20 yet. I'm excited for this year & all the adventures to come!

No comments: