Saturday, June 30, 2012

beach lovin. part 1. La Jolla, CA

One word to describe La Jolla: Perfect!
from the gorgeous views that we hiked along the edge overlooing the ocean. Indian looking caves that connected from an old home through a tunnel to the caves. Snorkeling in the cove and seeing lots of goldfish on steroids (this is when i wish i owned an under water camera). Kayaking in the ocean and trying to attack the big waves when trying to get out to sea, but they attacked us instead and we tipped. Walking with sand between my toes. Watching my brothers catch actual little crabs and holding them in their hands, they have no worries whatsoever. Walks at night and perfect sunsets. Our cozy, little hotel room right on the beach. Sleeping on the deck. being with my family and my best friend! it's the life.
Only imperfection: stingrays and jelly fish!
they scare the heebeejeebees out of me. only on the last day we were there they were out by the beach. (la jolla is a marine wildlife reserve.) i swear i stepped on a stingray. and haley did get stung by a jellyfish. but that doesn't stop us! La jolla is one of my new favorite places! enjoy the photo overload.
 totally reminds me of a mini hawaii!
 kayaking



 our hotel we stayed at right on la jolla cove.

 we are huge fans of the ocean!



 just look at all these cuties!!

 the indian cave we call it.
sandy toes. my favorite.
 our sweet, little studio room all 7 of us shared. shhhhhhhh. me and haley slept on the deck and watched floating lanterns and listened to the ocean and cars drive by all night. It was sure cozy but we sure did love it. and of course the strawberry waffles each morning.
 La Jolla will be missed. but don't you worry your pretty little mind. I will definately be back soon!

No comments: